It is no secret that individuals in our society are spending more and more of their time engaged with their mobile screen, mostly on their smartphone but also tablets. Online videos have become the primary viewing domain for many segments of our culture, especially for millennials, where mobile video is their first screen of choice. With this in mind, it is important for your small business or medical practice to take advantage of the power of online video for marketing and communication purposes.
Take a moment and absorb the enormity of these statistics:
• over 1.3 million people use YouTube to view online video
• almost 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube ever day
• 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every single minute
• 80% of the 18-49 year old demographic watches YouTube each month
• the average number of mobile YouTube video views is 1 billion per day
• the average mobile viewing session lasts longer than 40 minutes, which is up over 50% from last year alone
• YouTube on mobile reaches more 18-49 year old viewers than any US cable network
• only 9 percent of small businesses in the US use YouTube
These are mind-blowing numbers, and from reading through them, it is clear that mobile video, and especially YouTube, is a place where your potential customers and target audiences are spending their time. The reality is that more and more people are reading less and watching screens more. This means less people will find your traditional print ads in magazines, newspapers, and more, and instead would rather watch video to learn about your service or product. A study back in 2007 by the National Endowment for the Arts shows that those 15-24 (who are not 25-34 year olds!) spend over two hours a day on average watching TV or online videos, while reading only seven minutes a day. Today, with a proliferation of online video on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Vimeo, Twitter, and more, these trend is growing exponentially every day.
And even more important is the fact that online video effectively generates sales leads. A 2014 study by the Aberdeen Group demonstrated that qualified and closed leads from online video were almost double to that of other forms of marketing.
Need help using online video to market and grow your business? Contact the experts at Reach Beyond Marketing today!
Sources: YouTube.com, Fortunelords.com