Video has become a wonderful asset and expected part of a modern marketing and communication strategy. Studies have shown that video increases user engagement by over 80% in certain cases. Because of this, it is important to utilize your videos in more than one platform and take advantage of the many ways this form of communication can enhance your brand. Here are just a few opportunities to use video:
- On your website, have your main home page banner be a repeating video or embed a short video on your landing pages.
- YouTube is one of the most popular social media platforms with over 3 billion searches each month. And remember who owns YouTube? That’s right – Google. So posting regular videos to YouTube will certainly help with boosting your SEO – just be sure that you complete all fields in the video setup.
- Vimeo’s videos run in a higher quality mode than YouTube., posting to Vimeo and then embedding the video allows better playback results.
- Post videos on all of your social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, (now allows 60 seconds of video) and Twitter (now allows 140 seconds of video).
- Use video content on your blog, just be sure to include some related and descriptive content with it (around 200 to 300 words).
- Email newsletters are a great way to utilize video. Be sure to include the word “video” in the email subject line as studies show that this will increase open rates, and adds to “click throughs”.