Learn how to create a Google My Business account so that your business can appear first in Google Search Results. By setting up a Google My Business account, Google verifies that you are a real business, thus ranking your website higher in the search results. Another huge bonus to setting up a Google My Business account is that it will allow users to quickly find more information about your business when they search for you such as a summary of your business, hours of operation, pictures, location, etc.
In case you missed a step, here is the transcript:
Hi, I’m Charlie Doe and welcome to this week’s quick tip tutorial. Setting up a Google My Business account is one of the best ways to increase your search engine results. Google My Business accounts give users vital information about your business, and can increase your visibility on search engine results pages. The best part about setting up a Google My Business is that it only takes about a minute out of your day.
1. To start off, let’s open up your Internet browser and go to www.gybo.com/business and check to see if your business location is on the map.
2. If it is, then you can edit or add useful information about you business, including your location, hours, and services provided.
3a. If you are at this screen, I suggest making sure your profile is 100% complete, so that you can perform better on Google Searches and provide users with the most up to date information.
3b. If you aren’t on the map, then you need to add and claim your business by signing in to the Google Email associated with your business and then adding the relevant business information, just like I am.
4. Now that the information is complete we have to agree to the terms of service by checking off this box.
5. Because Google wants to provide users accurate information, you may need to verify your business and address. Click the Mail My Code button, and in the screen that follows, type in your name and send postcard. In the coming days, a code will be sent to your address that can be entered to verify your business online.
6. Now, you could stop right here, but your profile isn’t fully optimized. Click Manage Location at any time to add photos and updated business information to show up higher in search results and complete more of your business profile.
7. Test out your results by typing your business into Google! You will see your Google My Business information at the top of the search results located on the right side of the page on either desktop or mobile devices.
Now customers that are looking for your business can find you even faster, and it doesn’t cost you anything extra!
So, there you have it! This is a huge step for your business because it will allow you to be more accessible on the web especially on mobile devices.
Thank you for joining me today, and make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss the next quick tip in two weeks!